Monday, December 31, 2012

Fin de ano

Last year for New Years Eve, Davie and I went to a fancy dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in Tulsa that I had been wanting to try. Needless to say, this year is going to be a little different. :) One thing I remember from last year is that at dinner Davie and I were talking about what we thought 2012 would bring. We knew we could be anywhere come 12/31/12 because we didn't know what might happen in the upcoming year. And we were right in that we're spending the end of 2012 in Nicaragua with his family, just one of the many options we thought might happen during the year. While we had hoped to be done with this by now, I'm just glad we're moving in the right direction!

Looking back on the year, there's been so many changes and ups and downs, although mostly ups. The lawyer helping us dropped out of the legal profession (down!), but we ended up with a new lawyer that wanted to go in a different direction and I think he is actually doing a better job (up!). If nothing else, we're making more progress in six months than we had made in two years with the other guy! I finally left public accounting and got a new job in industry that I think I'm going to like with less hours and better pay (two ups!). I got to meet the in-laws and the stepson and Davie got reunited with his family after 7 and a half years (more ups!).

All in all, it's been a very good year and I know 2013 will be even better as we continue to work through the legal process and, hopefully, finally, get it completed and behind us!!! (Until we start the next one regarding Eduardo's custody, but one thing at a time. Except not really since I'm going to try to meet with an international custody lawyer when I get home to figure out what the process is. I really want both finished at the same time so Eduardo can come home when Davie does! But we'll see what happens....maybe Maria will change her mind and be willing to work something out so we don't have to get lawyers involved!)

I hope everyone has a fun and safe end of 2012 and that 2013 brings us all wonderful and exciting things!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful family picture! Your optimism is wonderful! You and Davie are such a strong couple and no obstacles are going to permanently derail you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, joys and fears. I am really enjoying your blogs and we pray for you guys everyday! God has a wonderful plan for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete