Friday, December 28, 2012

Rain, rain go away!!!

It's raining here today. Which is actually kind of nice. After yesterday, a lazy day is needed!!

It's still really shocking to see people in the clothes we brought. A lady came by this morning to get eggs and she was wearing a shirt we had brought. It almost seems like everyone in the village got something!

It also cracks me up how alike Davie and Eduardo are, despite the fact that they haven't been together for almost all of Eduardo's life. They both are mischievous and like to tell tale tells even when they know you know the truth. For example, Eduardo tried to play off wetting the bed last night by saying it was sweat because it was hot. I'm not sure how a 5 year old comes up with something like that, but it cracks me up!

The electricity went out this morning, not sure why. Not that they really use that much electricity during the day, but it's amazing how it is still a major loss when it's gone. Thankfully they have a gas stove, so we can still cook, and it's not like the shower would have been warm anyway. :)

I brought a box of velveeta mac & cheese with me and made it today. Two days ago I made oatmeal. No one wanted to try either. It bugs me a little that I'm being so open to trying their food and I don't turn up my nose at what they offer me but they aren't willing to try what I offer them. But at least it's more for me! :)

Mom, remember that bag of chips that Davie liked so much with sweet potatoes, yuca and something with purple spots and swirls? Davie made a homemade bag today without the sweet potatoes. We put ketchup on them and they were awesome! I need to take a picture of the purple spotted/swirled vegetable. It's funky looking! Like a big fat root. But tastes yummy. :)

My favorite part of the day now is at night before Eduardo goes to bed. We play a couple of rounds of UNO (thanks Mom and Dad for the game - it's been a big hit!), read some books, and play around awhile. Last night I taught him airplane or helicopter or whatever you call it and he thought that was hilarious!!! I'm about halfway through my trip now and I have no idea how I'm going to be strong enough to leave my boys in a week!! At least I know I'll be coming back in March!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the things you brought with you were a big hit with everyone. They will all miss you when you leave and will welcome your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your tropical weather - you are missing snow here!!

    ReplyDelete