It was hair cut day today. You would have thought we wanted to cut off an ear instead of hair the way Eduardo cried and carried on. :) Finally I suggested Davie cut his hair instead of taking him somewhere to do it and Eduardo liked that idea just fine. He's very handsome with his new haircut. Davie did a good job!!
Yes, that is a chicken in the kitchen. :)
I actually slept way better than I had expected last night and better than I have recently. Which was a relief. The sunburn is still painful, but at least I'm sleeping! And I don't think it's as bad as the one I got in May, so that's good. I actually think the tomato might have really helped, which is totally random and unexpected. I'll definitely take it though! We put another one on my back this afternoon after my daily shower since my back was still hurting a little. It felt better after.
We almost got Internet at Enma's house today, but the signal wasn't strong enough. They are going to try a different company and see if that works. One of Davie's nephews is helping us. It's very nice of him! I've been doing better about the upcoming separation but the excitement of thinking we had Internet and then the disappointment of finding out we didn't really was too much. (I want him to get Internet so we can video chat while we are apart.) It's so obnoxious to me that I'm being such a cry baby about this. I'll see him in three months for goodness sake! I think I'm mostly nervous about how the whole thing will turnout and the unknown aspect of it all and that part is eating me up. I told Davie that I think we'll be fine once we get past saying goodbye. And maybe that's the part that has me the most worked up - having to say goodbye. But I really do think we'll be okay once we get past the hard part of separating. I certainly don't plan on spending the next three months moping around and crying all the time! :) Just part of the time. :) It's especially obvious that I'm being a baby here, where I'm surrounded by people who aren't with their loved ones because their other half is in the US or Spain working to provide for their family. Like Davie said, at least he and I know when we'll see each other again! The rest of these families have no idea when their loved one will return. And they aren't here crying over how terrible their lives are! I really need to suck it up! :P Even my own parents currently don't live in the same state! I can totally do this. Now to convince my tear ducts! :) (Good thing two of my tear ducts got plugged so I only have two to worry about! Maybe the LASIK wasn't such a bad deal after all. :))
We think the Costa Rican embassy in Nicaragua was closed. I found an article from 2010 saying Costa Rica was closing it due to issues between the two countries. The number I had found for the embassy isn't working. If that's the case, I may be making a trip to Houston to pick up the police form! (The closest embassy in the US is in Houston.) From what I found online before we left, the form from Costa Rica had to be picked up in person. The person requesting the form could say that someone else was going to pick it up for them, but I don't think email / mail / fax was an option. It really would have been easier to get it in Managua, but we'll figure it out. I just like feeling like we are moving forward, even if we hit a few roadblocks along the way.
Eduardo's very dramatic! He was so upset that I won at UNO instead of him that he starting crying! Even though he had already won twice. It was too funny. I had to take a picture of him draped over the bed, so upset.
And finally, a picture of the three of us!!








Such a great blog and such maturity on your part with your upcoming separation. Just remember when it gets you down, tomorrow always brings a better day.
ReplyDeleteIf there is something we can pick up in Houston, let us know. We are much closer than you and can easily do a day trip or something. I love reading your blog!
ReplyDelete