Friday, December 21, 2012

Nice plane

I really think this is the nicest plane I've been on. There are screens in the back of every seat with access to music, games and new movies. Like still at the dollar theater new. Each screen has its own remote and is a touch screen. We also got free food! I can't even remember the last time I got free food that wasn't peanuts or pretzels! It wasn't that bad either!

I don't think Davie is the only first time flyer on the plane. When the plane took off, quite a few people gasped or cheered. Lots of kids could be heard exclaiming at take off too. It was pretty funny. There was a patch of turbulence at the beginning that made even me a little nervous (not that I told Davie that!) and people definitely got antsy. Luckily it didn't last long! For the most part it's been smooth flying.

It was fun being with Davie on his first flight. I've been flying for so long and fairly regularly that it is kind of old hat for me. Watching someone fly for the first time was a neat experience. I was very proud of him. He was a little nervous, but he handled it way better than I thought he might! He did say that he didn't really like that he could see the ground. :) Although once we got above the clouds I don't think he liked not being able to see either! We flew over the Rangers stadium where we went for our anniversary. That was cool to see from so many miles up. For the last year or so, every time I flew I thought about this trip and how fun / exciting / nervous making it would be. It's still a little unbelievable that the trip is finally here!

I was nervous about our baggage issue, considering we had sooooo many, but the airline acted like that was no big deal at all (I think it's probably pretty normal for this airline) and we only had to pay $135 to check an extra bag, which was less than I had expected since I thought we would have to pay for excess weight too! We got almost everything in the bags too that Davie had wanted to bring. I'll bring the roofing screws in March, so it really worked out perfectly. (Don't ask.) One of the flight attendants laughed at the amount of carry on luggage that we had, but at least we didn't have to check more! :) I'm curious to see how it goes when we get to Nicaragua and have to haul all of the luggage to the hotel, but I'm sure we'll manage! It's possible that our extra bag won't make it to Nicaragua at the same time as us. They have 8 days to deliver it. It literally flies standby, like a person! It was the bag with food, tools and some presents, so it shouldn't be a big deal to not have it right away. Hopefully it didn't have anything else in it that we do need! We've got the big bag of presents, and I think that's really the most important part anyway. :) I don't know that Eduardo wants us to visit as much as he wants the presents we told him we're bringing!

I'm not sure how we would have done it all this morning without Mom. She was a HUGE help and we probably wouldn't have ended up with all of the stuff without her! Thanks Mom!

I think Spanish is a requirement to fly this airline - good thing I know enough to get by! They don't even try English first. It's good practice for what's to come. :) I am excited because the airline flies from Managua to Corn Island, a place I really want to visit soon. Maybe the July trip if Davie isn't home yet. It's supposed to be beautiful and I thought Eduardo would like it for his birthday July 1st. :)

Here's a couple pictures of El Salvador taken out the window of the plane. It was so pretty!!!

The next flight is at 7:30. We're almost done with travel day #2!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment