The lawyer is going to apply for an exemption to the 5 year ban that doesn't have an available waiver. I don't know why there's an exemption but not a waiver. The whole thing is so confusing. And even if he got the exemption, we would still have to do the waiver for the 10 year ban, so it's not a guaranteed thing if we did get the exemption. There would still be another step. But at least we would be one step closer to being together here, if we did get it!
I wasn't even going to say anything about this possibility. The first time I talked to the lawyer about it, after Davie's second interview with the embassy when we got the bad news, the lawyer said this would be an uphill battle, but one we still had to try. As far as I was concerned, if he's saying this is an uphill battle after what we just tried, there's no way I see this having a positive outcome! However, we were emailing again last week and he said he feels there is a possibility Davie could come home soon, so that makes me feel like we have to see this through and not make too many decisions that can't be undone beforehand, just in case. He says we should know something by the end of the year, so that would still give us enough time to get things done if it doesn't work.
So now we're back to waiting. I'm going to keep working on cleaning the house and getting it ready to sell, in case this doesn't work. So at least we won't be completely at a stand-still while we are waiting. I'm also going to try to talk to one of OK's senators / congressmen and see if they can do anything. At this point, everything is worth a try!
Davie took Eduardo and Randy to a fair yesterday. It looks like the kids had fun, but Davie said he was too scared to try any of the rides. :) I love how he's like a monkey on top of a roof, but a fair ride gets him nervous.
It's been really rainy there. Eduardo and Randy have so much fun together!
I'll continue to keep you posted. It's such a hard, frustrating process. And it's such a fine line to walk - trying to be hopeful but realistic at the same time. Thankfully, we were looking forward to plan B, so if this last ditch effort doesn't work, we'll be ok going back to plan B, I think.
I hope everyone has a great week! I'm in Vegas for training. It's trips like these that make me really miss Davie - I wish he was here to see this with me! Maybe soon. But, if not, definitely one day. :)


