Our hotel was interesting to say the least. But I told Davie that all that mattered was that we had made it, we were together and there weren't bugs. :) I am hoping though that he's realized the difference in hotels for $70 versus $40 is worth paying for.
We woke up at 6 this morning since that's when the sun came up. I imagine the people next to us who didn't get in until 2, and woke us up when they did, are struggling today!
We haven't seen any buses yet with chickens or people on top, but traffic here is definitely very different. So far most of what we've seen just seems poor. I did see two horse and cart set-ups, which I found interesting seeing as we're in the middle of the capital city! Make that three horse and carts!
The hotel sent a taxi to pick us up last night and the driver has been very helpful. Davie had some errands he wanted to run this morning and the guy picked us up at 8 to take us around. I imagine he's probably taking us more out of the way than we need to go in order to get more money, but at least he's nice and I don't have to worry about him. He's been with us for the last hour and a half, I'm not thinking about how much he's going to charge us when he finally drops us off. :)
Davie's brother-in-law's cousin is picking us up at 11 to take us to Ocotal and then Davie's BIL will get us from there and take us the rest of the way. The taxi driver said its only 6 hours to the town where Davie's mom lives, which is much better than the 8 hours Davie had thought!
One story I forgot to tell about the travel day yesterday. When we were boarding the plane in Dallas, the lady taking our tickets also looked at our passports. At this point we had checked in and gone through security, and both places looked at our passports as well. The lady at the gate looked at me then looked at my passport and told me I couldn't get on the plane. Of course at this point I'm freaking out. Turns out I hadn't signed my passport! She let me sign it in front of her, but I was definitely worried there for a second! I find it funny that no one noticed before then and I'm glad it didn't end up causing a real problem!
We just had breakfast. My first real Nicaraguan meal. It was good!!! We came to a mall to try to find a bank. Davie's sister sent him money (thankfully) and we need to pick it up. So we ate in the food court. :) I'm thinking if the food court was good, hopefully that means "real" food will be too!
I wonder sometimes if people think Davie and I are weird (Mom - no comment!) when they see us eat. We share everything: drinks, food. If one of us has something that is good, we tend to believe that the other one needs to try it as well, whether they want to or not! :) So we feed each other and grab food off each others plates. Maybe I think it's more obvious than it really is, but either way, I like that we do it. :) Although I don't like it as much when Davie takes the last bite of something I really liked! :)



Sounds like things are going well!!
ReplyDelete