Friday, December 21, 2012

Let the adventure begin!!

Well, the adventure will begin assuming we can figure out the luggage situation in time to make our flight.  :)  I want to reiterate that I currently have only ONE carry on bag with my clothes and a little bathroom stuff scattered througout the other FOUR checked bags that Davie has packed.  And, no, my bathroom stuff is not the cause of him needing four bags of his own.  :)  In addition to my carry on bag, Davie has three of his own that are really probably too big to qualify as carry ons.  So we are currently trying to figure out how to consolidate or move stuff around in order to have the appropriate number of bags.  We're already going to have to pay for overweight luggage and I'm pretty sure we're going to end up having to pay for extra luggage as well!  :)  Oh well - Davie's basically taking all of his stuff, since we don't know when he'll be back, we have a whole bag just of presents, another bag just of tools (don't ask me) and a bag with clothes Davie wants to take to his mom.  It adds up quickly!! 

Other than the bag drama, I think Davie is very nervous about the trip today.  I'm doing okay, believe it or not.  At least for right now!  People have been asking me for weeks now if I'm excited and I really haven't been.  I realized this morning that I keep looking ahead to when Davie is back and our life begins, but that's really not the right way to do it.  Our life is in progress right now, and I should focus more on today and less on the future!  I thought it was funny that I'm the one who has said many times that if Davie and I are this happy right now, imagine what we'll be when we are through with this mess.  But, then I turn around and ignore or freak out about what we are doing right now because I'm afraid and nervous of what the future will bring.....right after I said how happy I was!!  So, I'm going to try to focus on the fact that Davie and I are about to take a tropical vacation and just live in the moment over the next two weeks.  And, I'm going to try to not stress about the future, because who knows what that will bring.  Instead, I'm going to be happy about the time that he and I have had together the last three plus years and enjoy the time I have on my own while we are apart (because I really did love being single :) - not that I'm going to go wild and crazy, but I like the idea of watching what I want to watch on TV!). 

We should be in El Salvador around 6pm tonight - I'll try to post when we are there so people know!  My mom offered to keep the blog up to date if I'm not able to, so if nothing else, I'll try to send her updates so she can post them here.  Definitely expect lots of pictures when I get back!!! 

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment