Friday, August 30, 2013

Here we go again

Three hour layover in Houston before my flight to Managua to see my husband for the first time in 91 days = longest three hours OF MY LIFE! And it's really only been two hours so far. On the plus side, I've walked all over terminal E in the airport and I've gotten lots of steps. :)

Davie went today and got his birth certificate in Managua. With the things I'm taking him, he should have everything he needs for his follow up appointment next Friday. Now to wait until next week and see what they want when he gets there. I'm trying very, very, very, very hard not to let myself dream of miracles, but it's been harder than I would have anticipated. When his last appointment didn't go how I expected, a part of me keeps hoping we'll end up with an end to this situation sooner than we had thought. Seeing how there would be absolutely no legal basis that I'm aware of for things to go differently than we thought they would, I really don't think anything amazing will happen. But there's still hope. Because I just can't help it. :) Hope is better than despair though! There's been enough of that during this process. 

I'll let y'all know how the trip goes! I'll be back in Tulsa Monday night late, but I'll be in the US earlier than that. I'm back on the itinerary that stranded me in Dallas last time, but I learned. I'll have just a carry on coming home, no checked baggage. So at least if I get stuck in Miami or Dallas I'll have all of my things!! :)

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Island Vacation

Well, we're still waiting to hear what the verdict is from Davie's appointment last Thursday.  While I expected it to be pretty cut and dry, turns out nothing is ever what you expect.  I should have learned that by now with this process!  :)  They asked for more documents - a birth certificate for Davie from Managua, another police record from Ocotal (the town near where Davie is now) and proof that Davie and I are really married, including pictures, letters, copies of my itineraries where I've visited him, copies of the receipts where I've sent him money since he's been there, etc.  I don't really know what they want those things for, since they really don't have any bearing on what the appointment was supposed to be about, but I guess we'll see when Davie goes back.  He's trying to get a second appointment scheduled for September 3rd, right after I leave, since he'll be in Managua anyway.  I should know something today about whether or not he was able to get the second appointment scheduled.  It's all just so weird!

But, I'm very, very excited about my trip in November as Davie and I decided to go to Corn Island for two and a half days during my visit.  I've been wanting to go to Corn Island since last year, when I first read about it in a book.  It sounds amazing!  We'll take a little charter flight from Managua to the island, then spend the next few days snorkeling, playing in the sea and getting sun.  Pretty nice for November!  I can't wait!  I've got our hotel for while we're on the island as well as our hotel for the first and last nights I'm in Managua (we'll be at the Best Western across from the airport again).  It will be a busy, quick trip, but I can't wait! 

I'll keep y'all posted as I find out more about the next appointment!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's a big day!

Davie will soon be on his way to the embassy in Managua for his appointment!!! He traveled to Managua Tuesday and had the required physical yesterday. Poor guy hates needles and they drew blood and have him three shots since he didn't have immunization records. He was there four hours! But he handled it like a champ and got a clean bill of health. 

We're hoping today's appointment doesn't take too long so he can head back to his moms house afterwards and not have to spend another night in Managua. Even though we know what answer we'll get today, a part of me can't help hoping for something different. How wonderful if would be if Davie could come home with me in two weeks!!!!! But even though that's really not a possibility, it is nice to know we are on the downhill side of this thing. 

I'm working on getting everything together for our next application and I have an appointment with the lawyer at 10 this morning to drop off the first round of support. My hope is that we can send in the application pretty quickly after I get back from Nicaragua September 2nd. Then we just have to wait! 

But hopefully we won't have to wait too long. :)