We had so much fun with Mom here over the weekend!! We had three very busy days, but they were perfect! It was great having her here to be in some of the maternity / family pics, and I'm so excited with the stroller / car seat we picked out! I swear I tried out six + options at the store, but I was so nervous about buying a stroller! It seems like such a big purchase. I didn't want to end up regretting whatever we got. But I think we'll be very happy with it. I can't wait to get to use it for real!
Thanks to everyone who sent us things in Mom's suitcase. Davie, Eduardo and I all had a great time Friday night after Mom's flight got in, going through the "big suitcase". I do have to say that I'm now not the only one who brings lots of stuff on international travels and then takes almost nothing home. :) It's hard to visit family in another country and not take a lot, especially when kids are involved. :)
Here are a bunch of pictures from Moms' visit.
Tiger says "I know this lady!" Mom was so excited that the animals wanted to love on her. :P
Mom had a gluten-free restaurant finder app that had options in San Jose!! It was soooo good and there was a swing set in the back for Eduardo. It was a win-win for all of us!! I think Mom would say her food during her visit was successful, so my gf peeps don't need to worry about visiting. We've got you covered! (Davie and I spent the weeks leading up to her visit going over food options to make sure all meals would be ok. I'm glad it worked!)
Sunday I wanted to do something touristy with Mom. We went to a biological reserve park called Inbioparque. It was awesome!! Mostly an arboretum type place, but there were some animal exhibits scattered around. The butterfly farm was a big hit with all of us and we learned to wear white for the next visit. The butterflies flocked to Davie's white shirt! I think he had 5+ on him at one point!
My favorite part of the park was the three-toed sloth that was hanging out in the trees in the dry forest area. It was just really neat to see a sloth in more or less the wild. They are ugly things, but really kind of cool too. Unfortunately he was too far away for me to get a good picture with my phone. :(
We found an area that had a sign talking about iguanas but didn't see any. Then I asked Eduardo if he wanted to see anything else before we left (we spent almost five hours in the park - I think we got our money's worth!) and as we were walking back to the aquarium, we suddenly started to see iguanas everywhere!! Davie has great eyes and could spot them high up in the trees. It was so neat to see them right there on the path too though! They did not really seem all that shy! We decided they had still been sleeping when we were in the area the first time. It had gotten sunnier by the afternoon, so they had all come out to sun themselves.
Owl at the entrance to the park. They had other organizations visiting that had brought different animals. Ever since seeing owls at our house, I've become a little obsessed.
What you can't tell is that Eduardo was pretty high off the ground standing on this bird. I swear, he's going to give me a heart attack one day!
View from the lookout at the park. Beautiful!
Mom and Dad got Eduardo a bike - he loves it!!
Since I gained 5 pounds last month, the doctor had me redo the glucose test. Well, not really redo, since my first test ended up not being a regular glucose test. I didn't have to drink the glucose for the first test - they drew blood after I fasted for 12 hours then had me go eat breakfast and come back awhile later for them to draw blood again. That test showed everything was fine so at my second appointment the doctor said I didn't have to do the regular test - I had only gained a pound that month. With this months' weight gain, the doctor decided to have me do the regular glucose test after all. I was very nervous about drinking the glucose - all you ever hear about is how bad it tastes and my stomach does not do well with nasty things - but it ended up tasting not that bad to me. Of course after not eating or drinking for 12 hours, I think I was so thirsty I would have liked anything they gave me! All of that is to say that the second test came back borderline. Some labs use 130 as the cutoff for normal and others use 140. I was at 135. :P So the doctor recommended I start exercising and cut out sweets and cut down on carbs. Of these things, the exercising is the easiest. I already knew I really was eating too many sweet things. Turns out anything not sweet that I'm eating is a carb, and most of the sweet things I'm eating have carbs too! :P But I walked two miles this morning and spent time in the pool. Hopefully that will help! Eduardo rode his bike while I walked laps in our complex, until he crashed into a ditch. I have no idea how he made it out of there without a broken bone, but I'm glad he did! Scared the crap out of me though!
















No comments:
Post a Comment