Saturday, July 12, 2014

30 weeks

Only 10 more weeks to go! Which sometimes seems like a lot and other times seems like nothing. I go back and forth between thinking all will be fine and thinking there's no way we are ready for this. :) I'm glad we have Eduardo - being a parent to him helps make me feel I can be a parent to baby girl too. Although I know parenting a baby will be way different than parenting a seven year old. 

Sometimes I look at Eduardo and I'm shocked by how much my life has changed in sixish months. I went from being basically single again, to relearning how to be a full-time wife and becoming a mother to a seven year old and growing a new life of our own. It's all pretty crazy! But definitely in a good way. :) I'm kind of glad I had a year of being "single" before I got pregnant and I had to grow up for good. Obviously it would have been preferable to be with Davie during that time, but it was nice to have one last year of doing pretty much what I wanted when I wanted before becoming responsible for little people. :)

I also feel like things have changed more in the last ten weeks as far as the pregnancy goes than they did the first twenty! Maybe it's just that the changes that are happening are more visible to me and before they were all internal. I'm very much enjoying this part of the pregnancy, I have to say. I do think not working helps with that too though. :) I don't have to drag my bump to work every day. We get to be lazy and hang out at home and I can sleep as much as I want. Davie completely spoils me, although I do try to help around the house when he'll let me! I am quick to point out I'm building a person if he gives me a hard time for being lazy or walking slow or getting tired easily though. :)

Baby is the size of: a butternut squash. Last trip to the doc she was at 2.2 pounds, and the pregnancy apps say she should be around 3 pounds by now. She's going to add weight fast the next few weeks! Which means I probably will too. I'm not super excited about that part - I think I'll end up gaining 15 pounds by the end, five more than I really wanted - but I think I'll lose most of what I gain just by giving birth, and then I'll be back to where I was when I got pregnant. Needing to lose 65 pounds. :P 
Baby craves: frito pies and s'mores. Very healthy. :) I am sad I didn't have any crazy cravings. I didn't really have cravings at all. I was looking forward to that part!
Mama craves: a job :) - it would be nice to know I'll have work again at some point!  
Pregnancy symptoms: not many these days. Mild heart burn some evenings; gagging while brushing my teeth some nights, but not very often; still tired, but nothing like the first trimester; the nausea finally went away and I was able to stop taking the meds for it, although strong smells can still make me want to throw up. Oh, I do have to pee every ten minutes. That's fun. :)
Baby bump: is huge!! I can't wait to see how big I am at forty weeks! That is the fun part of gaining weight. I love my bump!
Mama worries: about not having a job and about the birth and about needing to quickly get all the paperwork done so baby can have US citizenship and we can leave the country with her and getting our residency here after she's born. There will be a lot to do very fast after she's born!
Daddy: is doing a great job taking care of us and can't get over how strong she is when he feels her moving. She is definitely a mover, especially at night and first thing in the morning. I love watching my belly move all over the place as she moves. I wish I could see inside and know what she's doing in there. :) She likes watching the World Cup, I think. She'll start moving around while we're watching - I think she wants to get out there and play!
Baby name ideas: Kaylynn Alexa Maradiaga. Or Gilbert Maradiaga. I didn't want to give her both last names at first, and I'm still going back and forth, but I do kind of like the idea of her having that part of both of us and that is a big part of the culture on her dad's side. Although her name will already be so long, I hate giving her another name to make it even longer. And I don't feel like the Gilbert really flows in her name. And if her last name is Gilbert Maradiaga, none of us will have the same last name, which seems soooooooo weird to me! As it is, only she and I would have the same last name. I just can't decide. (Davie doesn't really seem to care either way.) We are pretty much sold on Kaylynn, although Davie doesn't always seem to like Alexa. I'm still reserving the right to change her name at any point if we find one that seems to fit her better though. :)


Davie cut my hair Thursday. I think he did a good job. :)

3 comments:

  1. Announcing her name to the world! I vote not Gilbert Maradiaga - it will never fit in any automated system and she won't learn to spell it all until she's 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still might change her name! A lot can happen in 10 weeks. :)

      Delete
  2. You look great! I love the name (combining family names into one name is a good idea :) )

    ReplyDelete