Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fifth day

I can't believe I missed posting about yesterday!! It was a big day. We signed the lease on the house and got the keys yesterday!


I can't believe this view is ours!! 

There was a mix up and we were supposed to bring the first months rent with us and we did not. Davie and I are pretty sure the realtor never told us. She was pretty ditzy. But I felt very dumb and I don't want the landlord to be thinking we aren't going to pay!! We had already put down a deposit equal to one months rent and now we have to go to a bank this morning to get more cash as I didn't end up bringing enough for both and they won't take a US check. :) We wanted to open a bank account anyway, so this way we can do both at one time. 

I also had my interview with KPMG yesterday morning. I think after the GT interview did not go at all how I had expected, I got myself all worked up and I'm pretty sure I came across as a total head case. :( But they were still very nice and said they would help me, either with a job with them or with a client, so maybe I didn't blow it too badly. :P When we get back from the bank I'm going to get back online and apply for anything I can find. :) I know there has to be something out there!

We go back to the new house tomorrow afternoon to pay the first months rent and to leave the stuff we already brought with us. I'm looking forward to seeing it again!! We're also going to go by Eduardo's school and talk to them. I'm excited to hear what they have to say as well. 

I can't believe the trip is almost over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment