It's been one of those weeks. Lots of ups and downs. I'm trying to stay positive, which works most of the time, but not always. It's hard to always put on my happy face, but I am trying.
Davie's in Managua right now. For the second time this week. He had to go to the US embassy to get a letter saying he's in Nicaragua now. He first went Saturday. It worked out well because his aunt's granddaughter was turning 1 and they wanted him to come to the party. So he went for the weekend and then went to the embassy Monday morning. At which point he had to go back to his aunt's house to change into jeans as a new security guard told him he couldn't be there in shorts. (This was later determined to be incorrect, after he left and came back of course.) So he paid $50 and got the form and headed back home Tuesday. Unfortunately his bag was stolen on the bus, which had the letter in it. Thankfully it didn't have anything else that was too important, but it did have his passport and some clothes. The bus company told him to stop by Wednesday to see if maybe someone picked it up by accident and would return it. This didn't happen, of course, so he left for Managua again at 2:30am this morning to try to get there and back in the same day. His aunt's house is pretty crowded, so he wasn't really wanting to stay there again. But, because we have the best luck ever, when he got to the embassy this morning it turned out that they wouldn't be able to do the letter until tomorrow. They only offer that service on certain days. Nice. It would have been great if they could have told me that yesterday when I called and told them the story. Thankfully Davie sounds like he is still in good spirits, so that's a plus. I feel horrible that he had to make the trip twice so soon. And he'll have to pay the $50 again. And his stuff got stolen. What a mess.
It's all so frustrating!!!
At the same time, we still don't have the police form from Costa Rica and the lawyer hasn't responded to my email asking about the status. I'm hoping its in the mail and we'll get it any day now.
And, because I'm a total glutton for punishment and don't have enough on my plate, I decided to finally tackle the weight issue. :P I'm working out and counting calories and trying to make better food choices. It's actually not been too bad so far, and I think the working out probably helps with my stress levels. I've been signing up for 5ks and I'm doing my first 10k when I get back from Nicaragua (three weeks from now - I can't wait!!!). It's been fun and exciting to make changes and just MOVE for a change. I always enjoyed my laziness, but it got to where I kept feeling like I needed to get off my butt and move. I like seeing how many miles I can do and watching the distance rack up in my Nikeplus app. So that's one good thing going on right now!
Sorry for kind of a morose update. Like I said, it's been one of those weeks. We'll get through this and come out stronger on the other side, the in between part just kind of sucks. :P I think we're actually doing ok with being apart, it's just dealing with the immigration process that's been hard and frustrating. It'll happen eventually though, just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and one day we'll be done! That's what I tell myself when I'm on the treadmill too. :) Thank you to everyone for the continued support!! We appreciate it!
Updated 3/8/13:
In addition to all the other mess yesterday, the shower drain started backing up during my post-workout shower. I had a load of laundry going at the same time, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke. Otherwise, we might be in trouble as I literally just cancelled the home warranty that we had but almost never used and yesterday was the last day to make claims against it. :P Sweet.
Davie went to the embassy today and it turns out he needed an appointment to get the form signed. I have no idea why no one told us this the many times we spoke to them the last few days about this issue. I also have no idea why they did it Monday without an appointment - I guess that was the only good luck we've had in this whole senario. I think Davie's going to try to go this afternoon to see if they'll complete the form again without an appointment. Otherwise, he now has an appointment for Monday at 1:15. Maybe then this will finally get done and we can move on!
No comments:
Post a Comment