Saturday, March 9, 2013

Perspective

I know my last post was kind of whiney so I just thought I should say that I'm not as depressed / upset as it might have come across. Has this whole thing been easy? No. Could it have been / be way, way worse? Definitely.

I learned last night that a guy I knew from high school lost his wife last week. They are just a few years older than Davie and I and have two kids. That definitely helped put things in perspective for me and made me so grateful that, while we may not be physically together right now, I still have my husband and marrying him was the best thing I've ever done.

Ultimately, Davie and I are very lucky because we have each other and our family and friends and we will get through this. There will be bumps along the way (both with the immigration process and other things as I learned last night while dealing with a sick pup and plumbing issues, not fun but what can you do?) but Davie and I will stay strong and remember that the important thing is that we have each other. And hopefully neither of us will have to deal with the other one being gone for a long, long, long time to come.

So to keep with the trying to be more upbeat theme, here are some pictures from the 5ks I've done recently with my awesome friend Vanessa who helps keep me sane and who I wouldn't want to be without either. She rocks! The 5ks were the Hot Chocolate run in Dallas in early February (it was COLD) and the Glow Run in OKC last weekend. The Glow Run had the craziest outfits with the many glow sticks. :) The Hot Chocolate run had the best after race food, although the medal for the Glow Run way rocked and may have been better than the fondue goodness. :) The medal at least will last a lot longer. We're doing a color run together in May. That'll have some good pictures as well!! Color runs, for those that don't know, involve volunteers throwing colored powder over the runners throughout the race. I've heard they are super fun and colorful. :)

And then, not for the faint of heart, the last picture is of the crazy blisters all this hard core working out has given me. (The skin from the blister on my left foot had been pulled off when I took off the blister band aid I had been using. That was fun, but thankfully didn't hurt.) I think it was the socks I was using that did it. I switched to different socks and haven't had any issues this week. Thank goodness!!















2 comments:

  1. Grandpa and I are so very proud of you, Melody. I doubt if we could have handled it as well. Your love for each other will get you through all of this. Better days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandma!! I don't always feel like I'm handling the whole thing very well, but I'm trying! :) I appreciate everyone's support - that definitely makes it easier!!

      Delete