Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thank you

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for following along on our journey and for sending us good thoughts and prayers as we make our way through this process and travel to foreign (for me anyway) countries. I also wanted to say thank you for the cards, emails, messages, etc that you've sent me since I got back (and even before / while I was gone). They've helped me stay strong, knowing I've got lots of people cheering me on. :)

It really hasn't been as hard as I expected, which is good. Although I wonder if it will get easier or harder the longer we are apart. The nice thing is that we can talk every day. The yucky thing is that service is non-existent in some areas and spotty at best in others, so we don't always talk when we want, but we're making it work. It's easiest when Davie calls me, which actually works out better cost-wise since the Nicaraguan phone carrier he is using does almost weekly specials on phone cards where we can buy a $10 card and get $50+ in credit. I'm not really sure how that works (seems kind of fishy), but I'll take it!

Because my parents are pretty smart, they got Davie and I matching 2013 wall calendars personalized with pictures of our life that we can use to count down the days until we see each other again. I've got mine hanging right by the light switch in the bedroom so it's the last thing I see before turning off the light. I love it! :) (We're at 71 days, in case you were wondering. :))

I promise to post more pictures soon. I've been very lazy since getting back, but I will get motivated! I did take down the Christmas lights (~20 strands and three extension cords - my husband has a thing for Christmas lights!) and tonight I cleaned the kitchen. I say I'm doing pretty well as both of those are Davie jobs normally. :) I've mostly been reading and watching tv. Not the most stimulating of activities, but they are keeping me occupied!

I wanted to share this quote by Maya Angelou that was emailed to me today and that I think is perfect for Davie and I:

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."

I certainly feel like Davie and I have jumped a lot of hurdles, with more still to come, but there's no one else I would want to jump them with and we have so much hope for our future!!

2 comments:

  1. Melody, Grandpa and I are so proud of you and Davie. You are in my prayers every night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!! We appreciate it! :)

      Delete