Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One down!!!

Davie went to Ocotal yesterday and today and got the police form for Nicaragua today!! Now we just need the Costa Rica form and we can get Davie's appointment scheduled at the embassy! It's nice to know he's making progress there without me. Because of various circumstances (language, car, job), I did a lot of the paperwork and legwork pre-Nicaragua and it's kind of nice to let him take the lead for a change. :-) Not that I've minded doing any of it, of course, and it's not like I was doing it all and he wasn't doing anything, but I definitely don't mind giving up some of the responsibility, that's for sure!

Davie also got his driver's license today, but still no motorcycle yet. Not that I mind that either! :-P

It's been much easier than I expected to be apart, but more boring too! :-) Of course the continued sickliness has kept me from doing much beyond just watching TV. I've got an appointment at the onsite clinic at work for Friday, but I'm going to try to get in tomorrow if they have a cancellation. At this point I don't feel too terrible but my sore throat is totally killer. Blah.

I'm loving being back at work. I'm on my own for the first time since I started the new job and it's scary and overwhelming and awesome. I think I'm going to really like the new job. Better pay, fewer hours and work that's actually fun and challenging? Can't beat it!

2 comments:

  1. We are sending you and Davie our love. Your positive attitude will help so much. Glad to hear he has made progress. How is Eduardo? Get well fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!! Eduardo is doing well. Davie said he was redoing the puzzles I brought of the US and the world. The world one is pretty hard! I've already ordered him some more books and puzzles and coloring books from Amazon to take with me in March. :) I just can't help it! He loved all of those things and it's fun to buy him stuff. :)

      Delete