We bought a beach umbrella to keep Kaylynn and I out of the sun while at the beach. We used it today and I was so sure all would be well as long as she and I stayed in the shade. Except, NOT. The only thing I can think is that the umbrella kept out the light but not the UV rays. I am BURNT. Worse than I have possibly ever been burnt. And poor Kaylynn got some sun too, although thankfully nothing close to what I ended up with. Her face is a little red, a strip on her upper back and her shoulders. I feel like the worst mom ever. Even Eduardo ended up with some sun on his face, despite the fact he and Davie put on sunscreen at least three times. I can deal with my being burnt, but I don't like that the kids got sun too!
So we've all lathered up with aquaphor and hopefully we'll feel better in the morning. :( And next beach trip, Davie and I decided I'll be putting sunscreen on before we even leave the house. :P At some point I have to learn, right?
But we did have fun!
Davie and Eduardo were also smart and used long sleeves, even in the water, which helped them a lot, I think. I told Davie I need a full body suit next time!
She was checking it ALL out! And see how we are very clearly completely in the shade?????
She at least was very happy, both at the beach and after we got home.
Let's commit to this being the LAST TIME EVER that you get a sunburn. Figure it out kiddo, you need suncreen!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with your mom. An umbrella won't keep out the UV rays. I was showing Emma the sun damage on my face and told her that's why I insist on her wearing sunscreen :-)
ReplyDelete