Which means.......my residency application has been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked the status this afternoon, as I've been doing every day for the past few months :), and the status was updated. Needless to say, we're pretty darn excited. Davie's application is still in progress, but, like he said, right now mine is more important so I can start working!
The next step, as I understand it, is to get an appointment to get my cedula, which is the ID card / SS# equivalent. I'll have to get my picture taken at some point too. I recently heard that if I haven't heard anything within 15 days, I can go to immigration and they'll make my appointment at that time. However, I'll have Davie call the lawyer Monday, so hopefully I'll have an appointment sooner than that.
At this point I'm thinking I'll have my residency within a month and then the job search can really start in earnest! It feels a little unreal, considering it's been 10 months and part of me had thought it would never actually happen. :) It's so exciting though to think we'll finally be residents soon!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Here are some pictures before I go. :)
Eduardo's school had a party this afternoon for Dr. Seuss's birthday. Here's a long view so you can see the awesome backyard / view the school has for the kids to play in. Eduardo is in the middle of this shot.



No comments:
Post a Comment