Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Three months


Nicknames: Creaky Door, Silly, baby sister

Past times: babbling, sucking on your hands, reading

I can't believe it's been three months baby girl!! Although I imagine I'll say that every month. :) If last month was hard, this month was about acceptance and trying to slowly give up control and trust you to be ok. I'm a work in progress on that front needless to say. :)

I did finally stop tracking your diaper changes and I'm not tracking your eating / sleeping today to see how that goes. Your doctor this morning said it sounds like you are sleeping plenty, and I know you are eating enough. I just worry so much that you won't eat enough one day or get enough sleep!! I constantly remind myself that you would not be happy if you were hungry, so I don't need to worry so much. And, you keep growing and you're so big and strong. Look at the leg chub!!


I haven't figured out yet how to feel better about the amount of sleep you are getting, but hearing the doctor say he thinks the amount of sleep you are getting is fine did help. We'll see if I'm able to continue not tracking! 

Speaking of all of my worry, I started meds for my postpartum anxiety yesterday. It got to the point where I had to accept that what I was feeling was not normal and I needed to do something about it for myself but also so you can have a mom who is strong and capable and who doesn't cry every day. :) I want you to grow up and see that your mom does what I need to do to take care of myself and my family to the best of my ability. I don't want you to grow up thinking it's normal to be sad or anxious all the time. We are in charge of our own happiness and I want you to know it's ok to do what you need to to be happy. You are so beautiful when you are happy!!

Your dad can always get a laugh out of you. 

Your eyes have continued to be two colors. I love it but I'm sure they will even out eventually. 


Most of the time, when you wake up you are so happy and you're playing. You don't wake me up with crying, it's your babbling that does it. The last two days you haven't been as happy. :( I think you are going through a growth spurt and I can see two teeth in your bottom gums, so you may be teething as well, although it's a little early for you to actually get teeth. I miss my happy, smiling girl though. I hate when you are sad!!


You love to kick those legs up when you are playing in your swaddle!!

You can be a serious little thing too though. Very chill, quiet and taking it all in. 



You love your daddy. He's so patient with you. And he can get you to sleep almost every time. You and I are getting ready to go to the US and we will miss your daddy while we are there!! He helps me so much with you!



We went to the beach again and you put your feet in the water for the first time. You weren't too sure about that. :)




Your dad and brother did a great job decorating the Christmas tree! You'll miss your brother too while we are in the US. The boys are headed to Nicaragua for New Years. 



You continue to surprise us every day. We are so blessed to have you in our lives and I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you!!


1 comment: