Thursday, December 4, 2014

Coming Together

It's nice when things feel like they are working out. Especially considering things haven't always been easy or worked out, so it feels really good to have them finally starting to come together. 

Today we got Kaylynn's permiso de salida (permission to leave) that lets us take her out of the country. It's the last thing I had to have to be able to travel with her on the 26th. I ordered some things from Amazon to help make the travel for us easier, and I picked those up today as well. We have an appointment Monday morning to get her social security number and I think she'll pretty much be official in all three countries at that point!

Eduardo's mom came through and sent the form we needed from her to renew his US passport. With visa rules and everything, it's so much easier for him to travel on a US passport compared to his Nicaraguan one. So keep your fingers crossed the US embassy says we're good. We've got an appointment to renew his passport tomorrow morning. I'm just nervous they aren't going to like the form his mom sent. They can be very particular about things! Not that I blame them. I just want to get it right! So I'll be glad when our appointment is over tomorrow and I can stop stressing about it. :) I'll find something else to stress about, I'm sure, but at least we'll hopefully have his US passport renewed so he can come with me to the US next trip!!

There's so much paperwork involved with kids, and it seems even more so with the whole international piece thrown in there too. I swear I've got my passport out almost every day for something. But I don't mind all the paperwork as there's a list of things needed for everything we have to do and I can check off each item as I get it together. It very much appeals to my accounting side. :) Granted some of the items on the lists are easier to get than others, but so far we've been successful. As long as the embassy takes Eduardo's mom's form tomorrow!!

In other good news, I'm job interviewing!!!! I had an interview last Thursday with a software company out of the US. It's a 100% remote position, which I kind of like the sound of in some ways, but it would be a lot of work, I think, for not a lot of pay. I had an interview here on Tuesday with Western Union and they called back less than 24 hours later to schedule a second interview!! So I have that tomorrow afternoon. I'm really excited about it. We'll see what happens! It's hard juggling everything as a working mom and I'm not even really working yet! :P 

Eduardo helps keep Kaylynn happy in the evenings so I can gulp down dinner before her last feeding. It never fails that it falls right as I sit down to eat. :)

Kaylynn's been sleeping in her crib like a big girl! She's done so well with it! Better than me, I think. :)

She's started playing! Kind of. :) She's very funny to watch and play with. 

Neither of them seemed to like this. :) But, again, at dinnertime we do what we have to! It didn't last long. 

I got her on her arm with a fingernail yesterday. Oh the mom guilt!

1 comment: