If nothing else, I think Davie and I are getting better at this separation thing. We parted this time not knowing when we'll see each other again. When we first started this whole process, back when the idea of being apart was paralyzing, I didn't want to not know when we would be together again. This time, given the circumstances, it's too hard to plan ahead to the next trip since we don't know how things will go with Davie's paperwork and the expense of the trips and my lack of unlimited vacation makes it impossible for me to come as often as I would like. So we're going to hold off on planning the next trip until May, hoping we'll have a better idea of where we are in the immigration process, before I book my next trip.
If Davie's already had his appointment at the embassy and we've turned in our next set of paperwork and we're just waiting on an answer, I'll probably wait to come until September when, ideally, Davie and Eduardo might be able to come back with me. If we've encountered more setbacks and still feel we have a way to go towards finalizing everything, I may come in July for Eduardo's birthday. Either way, I won't be coming in May for our anniversary after all. Which is sad, but we'll have lots more anniversaries to be together, so we can survive one apart. I got Davie a few presents and four anniversary cards - I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I got them all. :) Davie got me the chicken and rooster in the pic below (we have a thing about chickens). So we had a mini anniversary celebration last night. We can't believe it's been three years already!!
I know we'll be okay. Getting to visit and spend time with him and Eduardo, knowing that all we're doing is to make our lives better in the future, makes me feel better about everything. It is hard to be apart, but being together reminded me why we are doing all of this.
We love each other and have good things to look forward to in the future! That makes all of this worth it.


All your blogs today were great! Love the pictures and descriptions of your trip and life in Nicaragua. Helps me understand Davie better. :) And Eduardo is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom!! Eduardo really is adorable - he's so fun to be around!
DeleteI can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you both. The maturity you have both shown have been wonderful. You both deserve every happiness.
ReplyDeleteThanks Grandma! We're trying. :)
Delete