I can't quite figure this place out. There's four or five cabanas (mini cabin type things), but we seem to be the only people in any of them. There were some people here the first night, but I'm pretty sure we've been on our own other than people that work here since then. I think there are three people that work here - a general manager type woman, a cook and a waiter. There seem to be a fair number of people who come here to eat and drink and some get in the water, but for a large part of the time we've been alone. Nicaragua had a holiday all of last week, but today (Monday) everyone is back to work, so we literally had the place to ourselves all day. It was awesome!
The beach is about fifty feet outside our door, but I think we only went to the beach two or three times. It's pretty to look at, but it's too salty, too windy and the waves are huge! Which is why Nicaragua is becoming a big place for surfing (so say the websites anyway). The wind also blows the sand which stings big time when it hits your exposed skin. So we did some time in the ocean our first night and our second day, but most of the time we've been in one of the two pools that they have. So we can still see and hear the ocean, but don't have to deal with the bad parts. :)
Davie got most of the good pictures. I'm going to try to move them to my phone tomorrow when we get to Managua if we have time and can find a place with Internet. I have a feeling the first will be harder than the second!!
It really is beautiful here though. A little more rustic than I had hoped with the salt water showers and toilet that didn't always flush, but the food has been really good and it's been nice and lazy here. I'm not ready to go back to work after five nights here! I could get used to this. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment