Friday, February 22, 2013

Standing still

Unfortunately we are no closer than where we were at this time last week.  The lawyer emailed at the beginning of this week and said he wasn't going to be able to pick up the authorized certificate from the US Embassy until Thursday.  Yesterday came and went and we didn't hear anything from him.  I emailed him late yesterday and haven't gotten a response.  Please keep sending positive thoughts our way so that maybe we can get the certificate next week!!!  Davie's going to end up having to get another Nicaraguan certificate before too long if this keeps moving so slowly - the Nicaragua certificate is only good for 60 or 90 days.  Thankfully that's the one that is much, much easier to get, but still not something we want to have to do multiple times if we can help it!

I can't believe it's almost just a month until I see Davie again.  I'm so excited!!  The last week or so has been harder for both of us and we are both definitely ready to see each other again.  The current plan is to go to the beach while I'm there with Eduardo and Enma coming for a few days as well.  Davie and I want some alone time, but I can't pass up a chance to see Eduardo or a chance for Eduardo to see the beach! 

Other than that, there isn't much to report.  Davie is still pretty bored and he did something to "break" the Rosetta Stone software, so he's been watching a "learn English" DVD I bought him over and over again.  But at least he is trying to study and he is definitely using his English a lot with me in texts and when we talk on the phone.  Here's hoping he is able to learn a lot while he is there!

I hope all of you are doing well and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. You are two months closer to the end (whenever the end turns out to be)! :)

    ReplyDelete