Wednesday, August 24, 2016

35

Happy birthday to me!! And to Grady. And to the three other people I personally know with my birthday. It's a popular day to give birth, obviously. 😊

Today was actually very emotional for me. I woke up with pink eye and a stomach bug and very, very homesick, but had a manager training from 8-12 and a team lunch & learn from 12-1:30, and I knew the team would have cake and presents, so I wanted to go to the office anyway. But between waking up sick and homesick and it being my birthday, I was kind of an emotional mess when I got to the office. And then I saw how awesome my cube looked after the team decorated it, and I just lost it. 


I have a really great team that I am so proud to be a part of and that has become a second family to me in many ways. 


Make a wish!

You can kind of see the tape on the side of my glasses - Kaylynn broke them a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten new ones yet. 😝 And no contacts with my pink eye. So that just added to the feeling that everything was a mess this morning. 

I'm not as homesick anymore as I used to be when we first moved, but there are just some days where it really hits me. I do love my team here and I knew they would have something planned to celebrate, but I would have really loved lunch with my friends and family back home too. Thankfully, a coworker of Mom's came in town and agreed to bring us a suitcase of goodies!!! He came over tonight, so after dinner the family and I had fun opening the suitcase and seeing all of the great things we had gotten. It helped me feel like she was with us in spirit. Sometimes you just really miss your Mom and Dad!

It's also always very nice getting messages and emails. Davie said I must be very popular after seeing all the messages on Facebook. 😝

In the end, it was a good day, but I am hoping that tomorrow can be back to normal - no sadness and no more pink eye! 


1 comment:

  1. You have a great team, and are so lucky to have landed a company that is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete