Saturday, November 15, 2014

Half a Year

I cannot believe we have been here six months. I can still so clearly remember walking out of the airport May 15th, with all of my stuff piled high on a cart, and seeing Davie and Eduardo waiting for me. I gave Davie a huge hug and told him "We did it!" After months of planning and stress and wondering, we were ready to start on this adventure together. And what an adventure it has been! In six months we have:

- Learned how to be a family of three


- Eduardo has been in two schools. I'm so glad we made the switch to SEAS. He LOVES it and I just feel like it couldn't be a better environment for him. He is learning so much!
- Continued to work on our language skills. Spanish for me and English for the boys. I think there's been improvement on all sides. :)
- Suffered losses. Costa Rica will always be the place I leave Sweet Pea.


- Gained so much. It will also be the place that gave us our daughter. 


- Learned how to be a family of four. (Well, we're still learning this one. :))


To celebrate six months here, we finally decided to go to the beach. I don't know why it took us so long to go. It's not far - it was just around an hour to get there. I think it always seemed like a bigger excursion than it really is as it's not like going to the beach is a day trip in Tulsa. :)

We went to Doña Ana and Juanita and LuzMari, Melissa & David and their kids and Layla went with us. It was great to have so many people go too. We've made some great friends here and we really are very lucky. 

I took no pictures actually at the beach and the only pictures Davie took were of the monkeys. :) But here's Kaylynn this morning as we were getting ready to go. 


And here's a monkey. The monkeys were part of the reason I picked Doña Ana. We hadn't seen monkeys yet either!! Gotta see monkeys in Costa Rica! :)


And here's Kaylynn crashed once we got home. We don't have much of a routine for her yet, but anything we had was completely NOT followed today. :) 


We ended up cutting our beach outing a little short as it started pouring after lunch. Next time we'll bring a tarp we can hang from trees to keep our stuff dry! Had it not rained, I do think I would have gotten a few shots of us actually at the beach. :)

I think I'm finally accepting this move and where we are now in our lives. It's taken almost the whole six months, but I got here. :) I've started really job hunting again and getting my name out there and I think that helps. The next six months promise to hold even more adventure as I, hopefully!, start working again and we settle into a(nother) new routine and as we continue to be more diligent about exploring our new country. I'll also have my first trip back to the US next month! 

I'm excited to see what the next six months brings!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are settling in and creating a new life!

    ReplyDelete