I'm really hoping it won't take long to find a job once I've got my job permit. Of course I said the same thing when we moved here. :P There are lots of good options available on LinkedIn right now, it seems. I've also still got Walmart in the US as a potential as well as another company in the US that is currently considering if it would work for me to be their SEC reporting manager remotely. It would also be around 50% travel, but it's a really good opportunity, if it were to work out. If nothing else, it's a great confidence booster that they are even willing to consider it!
When we first decided on the move, I wanted a job here, not one based in the US, so I could make my home here and not feel like I was still in limbo, going back and forth between places. However, now I (1) really want / need a job :) and (2) have pretty much decided that we don't actually want to make our home here, so having a job in the US would be good as I wouldn't have to change jobs again when we move back to the US. Although I think #2 would become less of an issue if I found a job here and could start to feel like this was our home and we had money to explore on the weekends and see different parts of the country. But, either way, Davie really wants to be back in the US, sooner rather than later, so even if I had a job here and we were able to see the country, I think Davie will still want to move as soon as we can. I also think having a US based job would help with our application to return to the US, as traveling back and forth for work would be an additional hardship. But that is still a few years away. :)
We're hoping to get our residency application turned in this week. We're waiting on one piece that's in the mail and then we'll be ready. We've got a lawyer who is helping - I hope we have better luck with her than we've had with other lawyers in the past. :P And we go this Thursday, on Kaylynn's one month birthday, to the US embassy to register her birth abroad and get her US citizenship / passport. I can't believe she'll be a month old on Thursday!!!
I definitely feel like she is growing and changing a lot already. She is very alert in the mornings especially and her newborn clothes, that were a little big, are fitting much better. She's got some really cute outfits in her three month stuff - I can't wait until she can fit into them!!
Sweet Pea is going to the vet this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed it goes ok!
Now here are some pics of our pretty little girl! If anyone didn't get a link to her online baby book where I post pictures and updates just about her and would like one, please let me know!



She is precious.
ReplyDelete