Tuesday, June 10, 2014

All by myself

And yes, you totally have to sing the title of this post in a sad, slow style, like the song. :) Because that's what I do in my head. :)

Davie headed to Nicaragua very early this morning, leaving Eduardo and I to fend for ourselves for a few days. Eduardo is finally in school, so I had the house to myself today from 8:30-1:30. It felt very weird. But seeing as my sleep was all messed up from Davie leaving early and Eduardo waking me up at 5:30 saying he was ready to go and we were going to be late (we didn't need to leave until after 8), I ended up spending most of the morning dozing. Not that it helped me feel any better, to be honest, but I don't think I could have gotten much done had I tried. :)

School seems to be going well so far for Eduardo. I think Davie and I have had more work for his classes than he has so far, but now that we've got his notebooks straightened out, I'm thinking that should slow down. I do have to say that I haven't been super impressed with the supposed teaching of English at this school as he hasn't had it so far this week, even though he was supposed to. I guess it's a different teacher and she hasn't come in the last two days. We'll see. She may be sick - I've already discovered it's very hard to get answers from Eduardo about what happens during the school day. His answers tend to be "I don't know" or something so far from the subject of the question, that it's obvious he either wasn't listening or didn't understand the question. It's a little frustrating. :) But I know it's normal, so I just take what I can get from him and hope his teacher will tell us anything else we need to know!

Tomorrow school starts at 7am, so it'll be good if Eduardo can be up and ready early. He'll probably end up sleeping and be hard to get up. :)  I need to go tomorrow and buy him a clock for his room so he can know what time it is when he wakes up and whether or not he is able to continue sleeping or can get up. 

We've found a bilingual private school that isn't far from the house that we want to look at for when I get a job.  It's got a preschool too, so baby girl could go as well, which I think would be nice if they could go to the same place.  We'll see though - there's still lots to figure out! 

Davie should be back Thursday night. If all goes well. He's going to pick up his drivers license, he stayed in Ocotal tonight so he would be there first thing to get his license before heading to his mom's, and bring back some of Eduardo's toys since they didn't have room to bring any last trip. It feels weird for us to be back in different countries after being together almost every minute of every day the past (almost) four weeks! But I like that he doesn't feel as far now since I'm just one country over. 

I've got my second interview with Walmart US set for Friday afternoon. Other than getting ready for that and starting to plan Eduardo's seventh birthday party (he wants a Lego theme :) and thankfully I have this handy guide to use to help plan, but any ideas you have would be welcome as well!) it should be a pretty slow week! Yesterday I applied for more jobs, so hopefully if Walmart doesn't work out, something else will come along!

I hope you all have a good week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. There will come a time when you will welcome a few days to yourself but that is a long time away. Good luck with your job interview this Friday. You all are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete