I can't believe we've been married for four years. The time has flown by! It's especially crazy to me considering my relationships pre-Davie never lasted longer than two months. :)
I'm so glad we are all together for good and not just visiting each other this year. Last night we were making dinner and I realized how much I had missed the day-to-day part of our relationship while we were apart. I love getting to kiss him as we pass in the kitchen while we make dinner together. And him asking me how much ketchup I want for my fries. The big things are nice - trips and kids and concerts and fancy restaurants - but it's the little things I love the most. Last night Davie made the comment that we aren't able to go anywhere today for our anniversary - no car, job or babysitter makes it hard to go somewhere to celebrate. :) But I told him that all I really want to do today is be with him, so we don't need to go anywhere. The last two weeks here with him and Eduardo and the animals have been great. Tiring and busy and crazy, but so great too. For all of the anxiety and uncertainty I felt about the move beforehand, it has really turned out to be a wonderful thing and I'm so glad we are all together here. I think we will end up really loving this life, even though it doesn't look like what we had originally planned. I'm not that good with plans anyway. :)
Year five promises to be a big one with lots of excitement. And hopefully with lots of time spent with our growing family just around the house, enjoying being together.
Have a very happy anniversary and you are so right that being together is the best!!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! You are right - this will be an exciting year!
ReplyDelete