Monday, May 26, 2014

Eduardo

This little boy is seriously beyond adorable.



He's currently reading books in his room because he's pouting that he can't go play in the pool more.  But it's dark and it was chilly at 3:30 this afternoon when we were in the pool, so we really don't want him in there again.  So even though the other kids are playing in the pool, he doesn't get to.  Davie told me Eduardo was mad so I told Eduardo to go take a shower then go lay in his bed and read books.  And Eduardo said ok and he's currently in his bed reading.  :)  I love how easy it is to get him to do things.  :)  Most of the time we don't even have to tell him anything.  We've given him the task of cleaning the cat litter boxes in the morning and at night.  And most of the time he just does it without us having to remind him.  He takes his dishes to the sink and puts a book away before he gets out another.  He is so easy going and mostly happy.  And I swear he has more patience than anything I've seen.  With all the errands we've been running and all the not-fun-for-children places we've been going, he just goes with us and doesn't say anything and stays mostly still for the long waits.  We had a forever long wait getting him student insurance (he has to have it to be able to go on field trips with school, assuming his teacher ends her strike soon and he can go to school) and we couldn't use cell phones at the insurance office, so he just had to sit and wait with us.  And he did awesome.  I have no idea where he gets his patience from, maybe his mom, because Davie certainly doesn't have any!  :)

We've been watching movies at night.  I brought some of my favorites from when I was a kid that I wanted him to watch, in addition to all of the Disney movies I've been buying him over the last year and a half.  We've watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Hook, Doctor Doolittle (the original, not the remake :P), The Neverending Story, plus more.  I love that he is loving these movies.  Even though some of them don't have Spanish dubbed or subtitled, he still seems to like them.  He cried when Atreyu's horse died in The Neverending Story and seemed to really enjoy the novelty of Honey I Shrunk the Kids. 

I'm so excited to get to share in his childhood and be a part of his life.  I can't wait to be able to cheer for him at his soccer games and watch him continue to grow into an amazing person!

2 comments:

  1. And you were worried about being an instant mom! Seems like you are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, you are an amazing mom. Eduardo is a very blessed boy to have you and Dave as his parents. We can't wait to meet him. Good luck with your week!!

    ReplyDelete