Davie went today and got his birth certificate in Managua. With the things I'm taking him, he should have everything he needs for his follow up appointment next Friday. Now to wait until next week and see what they want when he gets there. I'm trying very, very, very, very hard not to let myself dream of miracles, but it's been harder than I would have anticipated. When his last appointment didn't go how I expected, a part of me keeps hoping we'll end up with an end to this situation sooner than we had thought. Seeing how there would be absolutely no legal basis that I'm aware of for things to go differently than we thought they would, I really don't think anything amazing will happen. But there's still hope. Because I just can't help it. :) Hope is better than despair though! There's been enough of that during this process.
I'll let y'all know how the trip goes! I'll be back in Tulsa Monday night late, but I'll be in the US earlier than that. I'm back on the itinerary that stranded me in Dallas last time, but I learned. I'll have just a carry on coming home, no checked baggage. So at least if I get stuck in Miami or Dallas I'll have all of my things!! :)
I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment